» Initial Processes
- Hardness Test
- Clean & Blast
- Rough Grind
- Disassemble Head & Barrel
» Head Processes
- Dye Penetrant Inspection including Shrink Band & Threads – 100% of reman cylinders*
- Certified Welding — process uses a heat-treatable filler rod; exclusive process to ECi
- IFR™ Process — IFR (Improved Fatigue Resistance) eliminates thermal stresses and cyclic fatigue in the head casting
- Final dye check
- Final Inspection
» Barrel Processes
- Mag Particle Inspection including Shrink Band & Threads – 100% of reman cylinders
- De Mag
- Nickel Bore Coating*
- Grind & Hone
» Assembly Process
- Assemble Head and Barrel
- Final Grind & Hone
- Plating Stress Test
- Ream New Guides
- Install & Machine valve seats on Serdi™ machine
- Pressure Test
- Final Inspection
*Nickel bore coating is an optional feature.
CYLINDER OVERHAUL PROCESS
Assembled with all new valves, rotators, springs, spring retainers, rocker arm shafts, and pistons. Rings are fitted, gapped, installed, and pre-lubed. The assembly includes a cylinder gasket set and is ready to mount on the engine.*
IFR™ (Improved Fatigue Resistance) Heat Treatment brings aluminum molecular structure back to like-new.
Our very own IFR process combines crack repair with a reversion process which homogenizes the weld, heat affected zone and parent metal through a solution heat treatment and aging process.
For more information, see Service Instructions:
- SI 93-3-1, IFR Identification, background, new technology, and illustration of the marking
- SI 93-6-5, Recommended TBO for FREEDOM™ brand aircraft cylinders
MAG PARTICLE INSPECTION & DYE PENETRANT
ONLY repair station that dye checks and mag particle inspections in the shrink band and thread area
ECi dye penetrant and mag particle inspects 100% of all remanufactured cylinders. Mag particle and dye penetrant is used for inspecting stress cracks that are otherwise invisible to the naked eye, as well as porosity, and other metallurgical defects or abnormalities. Other cylinder overhaul and repair shops only perform surface dye checks or visual checks.
Before you purchase an overhaul from another repair station, ask about their process...you may be surprised.
Rejuvenate your barrel or install an all NEW steel or CermiNil™ (nickel) barrel.
Cylinder class conversion is available.
ECi is the ONLY Repair Station with CermiNil™ (nickel) bore coating available.
SEAT AND GUIDE BOSSES
Seat and guide bosses machined for new limits fit.
Order your FREEDOM™ Cylinders today
FREEDOM™ Cylinder Overhaul Service